How can you help? Volunteer your time and skills to help make this year's Science Bowl a success. Read about the volunteer opportunities on this page and click the Volunteer Registration link in the sidebar to become a TSB volunteer!
Opportunities for Volunteers
Interested volunteers should email Kayla Canario for more info.
Want more information about this year's virtual Science Bowl?
- Reads questions
- Controls the match
- Operates a timer on their own cell phone or other device
- Ensures questions are read correctly
- Is ready to finish a question if Moderator drops out due to technology issues
- Enters the score onto a Google Form after each question
- Communicates with Science Bowl Central via personal cell phone using the app designated by TSB staff
- Opens Zoom room and records session
- Keeps a running total of scores in the Zoom room chat box
- Recognizes students who raise their hands to answer
Training for All Volunteers
Training will be conducted on Zoom calls from 7:00 pm - 8:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Moderator/Timer and Back-up Moderator: Tuesday, January 26th
- Chatbox Scorekeeper/Recognizer: Wednesday, January 27th
- Official Scorekeeper/SBC Contact: Thursday, January 28th
All volunteers should plan to attend their respective trainings because the roles are so different this year. Well prepared volunteers are crucial to the success of the competition!! An e-mail reminder about the training will be sent to volunteers in early January. Interested volunteers should email Kayla Canario for more info.