We solicit short whitepapers that address one or more questions on potential high-impact future research directions for the DOE Applied Mathematics program. Whitepapers on other topics will not be considered. The goal of whitepapers is to brainstorm broadly about new areas of work needed to meet DOE mission needs. The organizing committee will consider whitepaper submissions in order to determine panelists to spearhead discussions during the meeting. Also, attendees will vote during the meeting on whitepaper topics for several short presentations. There is no limit on the number of whitepapers that attendees may submit.
- Submission deadline: August 23, 2017
- Formatting: We encourage brief whitepapers of about 1 page (max. 2 pages), not including references. Whitepapers that do not follow these formatting guidelines will not be considered.
- Each whitepaper must specify the questions(s) from the list below that it addresses.
- Whitepapers may use no smaller than 11pt font.
- Margins must be at least 1 inch on all sides.
- Figshare DOI: Electronically publish your whitepaper as a pdf file on Figshare, which will generate a DOI. See: https://figshare.com/item_types (click on "paper").
- Include whitepaper title, author(s) and institutional affiliation(s).
- Include question(s) addressed (as given by the following list).
- Include "Whitepaper submitted to the 2017 DOE ASCR Applied Math Meeting" as part of the whitepaper metadata in Figshare.
- Include "Whitepaper-DOE-ASCR-Applied-Math2017" as a keyword (metadata) in Figshare.
Whitepapers that do not follow these formatting guidelines will not be considered.
We will create a public Figshare collection of all submitted whitepapers that address the specific questions.