Grantees will be contacted by email if they are expected to present an overview of their work to date and their plans. Twenty (20) minutes will be allotted for one grant, thirty (30) minutes for 2 grants with same PI, and thirty (30) minutes for Centers. Please refer to the agenda for scheduled times. Note the guidelines outlined below.
Guidelines Regarding Presentation Content
Due to the nature of the symposium, each presentation should have a beginning slide clearly explaining the goal of the project in a manner suitable for a colloquium with a scientifically literate audience. Include a list of all students and post docs supported by the project and a list of publications and invited presentations over the previous 12 months. Focus your presentation on new findings (over the past 12 months), clearly demonstrating progress made and planned next steps.
Throughout the presentation, please avoid the use of discipline specific jargon or acronyms—unless they are explained clearly.
To ensure there is time for questions and to accommodate the large number of talks at this symposium, time limits will be strictly enforced. Each presenter will only be given the allotted time outlined on the agenda. Please arrange your talk to make the important points early.
Please refer to the guidelines below:
- A laptop computer using PowerPoint will be provided for presentations. Due to time constraints, we strongly urge you to use the laptop provided and not switch the projector to your computer.
- If you insist upon using an Apple computer, please provide any appropriate adapters to connect with the projector. You should have your presentation tested before the session and ready to begin on time so the session you are presenting in begins without delay.
- If possible, please e-mail your final presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the symposium, but no later than February 19, 2020. During the symposium, an ORAU staff member will be available at the projector in your presentation room to upload your presentation on the conference laptop beginning at 7:15 every morning, and during breaks and lunch. Please observe the following schedule for uploading your presentations:
On the day of your presentation:
- If you are giving your presentation in the morning (between 8:00 am and lunch) please upload your presentation prior to 7:50 am.
- If you are giving your presentation in the afternoon (after lunch and before 5:00 pm) please upload your presentation during lunch.
- Please refer to the agenda for the scheduled time of your presentation.
Do you have other questions regarding your presentation content?
Contact via e-mail Terri Stone.
Questions about audio visual requirements may be addressed at email@example.com