Start of Appointment
Upon selection to the CIESESE Program, there are several steps you need to complete before you can begin your energy fellowship.
Once ORISE has received the selection notice from CIESESE, you will be sent an appointment letter. You must immediately review, sign and return the appointment letter from ORISE, along with the Terms of Appointment and other required forms. These forms are required in order for you to accept the appointment and ensure that you will be eligible to receive a stipend. The appointment letter will include information such as:
- Your start and end date
- Mentor name and contact information
- Site location
- Your stipend amount
- If you are eligible to receive an additional allowance to off-set the cost of housing and/or transportation
- Program requirements and other information pertinent to your appointment
Please contact the mentor listed on the appointment letter with any questions regarding the research project prior to accepting an appointment. All other questions can be directed to the individual listed on the letter.
You are required to have health insurance in place no later than the first day of your appointment and continue coverage throughout the duration of the program. You may not continue in the CIESESE Program if your insurance coverage lapses.
Required Information prior to start date
It is your responsibility to ensure ORISE receives the following items before your appointment begins so that stipend payments can begin on time.
- Signed appointment letter and Terms of Appointment
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Verification of current health insurance
- All other forms and documents included in the appointment packet or stated in the appointment letter