Application and supporting material are to be submitted on Zintellect, an online application system. All application components are to be received in the system in order to be considered.
Completed applications were to be submitted by Tuesday, January 11, 2022 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Recommendation Forms were to be submitted by Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Please check back for the 2023 Application Cycle.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Documents sent by email, postal mail, or fax will not be considered.
- Supporting materials must be uploaded as a PDF files to ensure the document can be searched by Zintellect’s search engine. Scanned items are not optimal for search engines. PDF must not require special certificates or passwords to open. Maximum file size is 10MB.
- All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
You must complete a profile in Zintellect. The profile consists of questions that are common across all opportunities.Back to top
The application includes questions specific to the program, proposed hosting facility, and proposed research plan. You must identify a hosting facility and potential mentor currently conducting or directing research in an area related to FES. See the list of facilities that have hosted FES Fellows in the past. You may propose another hosting facility other than the facilities included in the list including facilities supported by private industry.Back to top
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The résumé or CV should include academic history, employment history, relevant experiences and publications list.Back to top
Transcripts may be unofficial transcripts issued to the students. If you are a student at the time of application, transcripts must include courses in progress. If you have completed your doctoral degree, transcripts must include degree and date degree was awarded. Documents must have any Social Security number (partial or complete), date of birth (partial or complete), and student identification numbers redacted, from all pages. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents do not contain any of the above mentioned or other personally identifiable information (PII) that, if lost or compromised, could cause serious harm (including identity theft) to the applicant.
Selected candidate must provide proof of completion of their doctoral degree before the appointment can start.Back to top
Letter of Support
You must submit at least one letter of support from a proposed mentor with whom you have had contact concerning the proposed research plan to be performed. The proposed mentor(s) must should provide a letter since they are agreeing to a significant amount of work. The mentor(s) letter should provide the following information:
- Illustrate that s/he is familiar with the details of the applicant’s proposed research project
- Concur with the proposed scope of the research
- Describe where the proposed project will be performed
- Affirm the participating hosting facility is aware and approves of the proposed project and able to provide research accommodations.
For applicants that want to be considered for the International Collaboration Supplement, a similar letter is also required from the second project mentor located outside the United States.
Two recommendation forms (with comments) are required. Each recommender will need to complete a recommendation form (requested within the application) and provide comments about you on the recommendation form. We encourage you to contact the two recommenders and ask them to complete the recommendation form they will receive from Zintellect AND make comments on the form. Recommendations must be from professional or scientific individuals familiar with your qualifications and potential for success. One of the recommendations must be from your Ph.D. thesis or dissertation advisor.Back to top