All forms must be submitted via Zintellect, the ORAU online application system. All application components must be received in the system in order to be considered. A complete list of application requirements may be found by selecting the appropriate link below or on the navigation bar on the left side of the screen.
This year’s participating centers are:
- Arctic Domain Awareness Center (ADAC)
- Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT)
- Borders, Trade, and Immigration Institute (BTI)
- Center for Accelerating Operational Efficiency (CAOE)
- Criminal Investigations and Network Analysis (CINA)
- Critical Infrastructure Resilience Institute (CIRI)
- Coastal Resilience Center (CRC)
- Maritime Security Center (MSC)
Faculty Application Deadline: December 21, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST
What Happens Next?
DHS will review the initial applications, and then invite selected faculty members to submit a research proposal application.
Invitations to apply will be sent to the selected faculty applicants and their student team members.
Invited Student Application Deadline: February 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST
Only students who are invited by their faculty member are eligible to apply for this opportunity. If you are invited, you will received a link via email to the student application.
Team Proposal Deadlines:
The Team Research Proposal Application is not complete without the Faculty and Student Applications, the Faculty Proposal, all necessary Letters of Recommendation or Reference, and other required documentation.
Research Proposal Deadline for Faculty: February 18, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST
Letters of Reference Deadline for Students: February 18, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST