DHS Education Programs > Federal Service Academies Program > Eligibilty
- Be a faculty or student at one of the following Federal Service Academies at the time of application:
- United States Military Academy - West Point, New York
- United States Naval Academy - Annapolis, Maryland
- United States Coast Guard Academy - New London, Connecticut
- United States Merchant Marine Academy - Kings Point, New York
- United States Air Force Academy - Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Have United States (U.S) citizenship by the application deadline. Evidence of U.S. citizenship (such as a photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, Certificate of U.S. Naturalization, or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship) must be submitted to ORISE at the time the award is accepted.
- Be available to participate in the program for 4-6 consecutive weeks, full-time on-site at the DHS Center or field research site.
- Have coverage under a health insurance plan before arriving at the appointment site and maintenance of coverage during the appointment.
Full-time teaching position at a Federal Service Academy in a discipline related to a DHS Research Area.
- Full-time enrollment during the 2015-2016 academic year as a junior undergraduate student at a Federal Service Academy.
- By Fall 2016, expected full-time enrollment as a senior undergraduate student at a Federal Service Academy.
- Majoring in a discipline, major, or concentration directly related to a DHS Research Area.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale as of the application deadline, as demonstrated in the most current transcript. Transcripts must include Spring 2015 grades and courses in progress during Fall 2015. If enrolled during the summer term, transcripts must include these grades. GPA requirements will be strictly enforced.
- At least 18 years of age at the start of the appointment period.