Location: The Bolger Conference Center, 9600 Newbridge Drive, Potomac, MD 30854
Date: April 30 - May 1, 2019.
Book your room at the hotel reservation website.
- Poster Abstract Submission Deadline: Monday, February 25, 2019
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: Friday, March 23, 2019
- Meeting Registration Deadline: Friday, March 23, 2019
Bolger Center Check-in and Information
- Lodging check-in will be in the hotel check-in building (across the drive from the Osgood Building).
- Onsite parking is free.
- Wireless Internet will be available in the meeting areas and in the hotel rooms.
- Meeting check-in will be set up in the foyer of the Franklin Building beginning Monday evening, April 29, 2019, from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. and Tuesday morning beginning at 7:00 a.m.
- Check-in is required to receive a name tag.
- For security and logistical purposes, everyone is required to wear their name tag throughout the meeting.
- The organized and indexed abstracts will be provided to all participants via a DOE-ESS Google folder (check back for link) as well as on the TES and SBR websites.
- Abstracts submitted after the due date will be conspicuously absent from the assembled set.
- Large research projects that are led by National Laboratories, such as SFAs, the NGEE projects and the IDEAS project are required to submit a single PDF file containing the consolidated set of abstracts for the project arranged in a logical order for poster presentation. Each abstract must start on a new page, have a title, and have authors listed, with the presenter listed first. If the project is funding an external collaborator at another institution, the poster abstract for that investigator must be included in the consolidated PDF file for the entire project. Poster abstracts from a single individual supported by a large National Laboratory led collaborative project will not be accepted or included in the abstract book. Students who are supported by a large National Laboratory led collaborative project (e.g., an SFA) and who have been selected for a poster presentation are to submit their poster abstract separately from the consolidated set of project abstracts. An example template (MS Word format, 22 KB) is available. Please ensure you follow the template format exactly.
Plenary and Breakout Session Speakers
- Plenary and breakout session speakers should be prepared to upload their presentations either to a DOE-provided PC or to the DOE-ESS Google folder (check back for link) 15 minutes before the beginning of the session in which they will be speaking. Please plan to provide your presentation either to the DOE coordinator for your plenary session or to the lead (DOE or non-DOE) coordinator for your Breakout Session.
- We plan to collect copies of all plenary and breakout session presentations and to make them publicly available in PDF format on the meeting web site at a later date.
- We will have a PC equipped with Microsoft PowerPoint available to run presentations. For presentations that have embedded movies, either the DOE-provided PC, or the PI's Mac could be used for the presentation. If you plan to present using your own Mac, please plan to provide your own VGA to Mac Mini Display Port adapter and test at least 15 minutes before the start of the session.
- The agenda is very full and the length of presentations must fit within the allotted time. Moreover, because discussion of the material presented is an important part of the meeting, we request that each speaker design the length of their presentation such that at least 5 minutes of time remain for audience questions, discussion, and transition to the next speaker.
- Posters will be displayed beginning Tuesday morning through Wednesday afternoon.
- Because there will be multiple poster sessions during the meeting, poster presenters will be assigned a time slot during which they will be expected to be at their poster to present it to other meeting participants and circulating DOE program managers.
- Please do not deviate from your assigned session. Paul Bayer, the DOE point of contact for the poster session, will assist if changes are required. There will be a list posted outside of the poster session room to determine session assignment.
- All posters should be left up throughout the meeting.
- The boards will be numbered for identification. Push-pins will be available.
- The maximum size of posters is 4 feet by 4 feet.
- A/V items will not be provided to poster presenters.
- Shipping supplies will not be provided on site.
- Wireless Internet will be available in the meeting building.
- Internet service is available in the Bolger Conference Center sleeping rooms.
- Outlets to charge computers in the general session room are on a first-find, first-serve basis.
- Personal belongings may not be stored at the registration table and must be removed from the meeting room(s) each evening as participants leave.
- Additional side meetings can be accommodated in the evening following the conclusion of the scheduled program. These meetings may include science team meetings (e.g., AmeriFlux, NGEE), project meetings, research coordination meetings, etc. Space will be available on a first come, first served basis. Please contact Paul Bayer to coordinate meeting requests.
From Reagan National Airport
As you exit the airport, head North on the George Washington Parkway. Bear right to 495 North — Frederick/Baltimore. At the 495/270 split, take 270 North. Take Exit 1 for Democracy Boulevard, turn left at the end of the ramp. The Bolger Center is on the left-hand side, approximately 2 miles.
From Dulles International Airport
Take Dulles access road (Toll Road 267) toward Washington, D.C. Take 495 North toward Frederick/Baltimore. At the 495/270 split, take 270 North. Take Exit 1 for Democracy Boulevard, turn left at the end of the ramp. The Bolger Center is on the left-hand side, approximately 2 miles.
From Baltimore Washington International Airport
Exit the airport on 195 toward 95. Take 95 South toward Washington, D.C. Take 495 West toward Northern Virginia and Silver Spring. Exit Old Georgetown Road, turn right at the end of ramp. Turn left on Democracy Boulevard. The Bolger Center is on the left-hand side, approximately 2 miles.
From Reagan National Airport
Take the Yellow line toward the Fort Totten station. At the Gallery Pine station transfer to the Red line heading toward the Shady Grove station. Exit at the White Flint station. Take taxi to the Bolger Center.
From Dulles International Airport
Take the bus to the Reston-Wiehle Metro Station, then Washington Flyer Silver Line Express. Take the Silver line toward the Largo Town Center station. At the Metro Center station transfer to the Red line heading toward the Shady Grove station. Exit at the White Flint station. Take taxi to the Bolger Center.
Once you have arrived on property, please follow the directional signage to your destination. For check ins, please go directly to the Hotel Check In Building.
For additional assistance, please contact The Bolger Center Guest Services Department at 301-983-7000.