Home > HS-STEM Home > Eligibility
The DHS HS-STEM Summer Internship Program is no longer accepting applications for 2014 internships. The application system is now closed.
Only students meeting the following conditions will be considered:
- United States (U.S.) citizenship as of the application deadline (proof of citizenship is not required until after award selection; see Frequently Asked Questions for more information)
- At least 18 years of age by May 5, 2014
- Cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher on a 4.00 scale as of Spring/Summer 2013 (see Supporting Documents for more information)
- Majoring in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) field with interest in homeland security research as described in the DHS Research Areas
- Pursuing long-term career goals aligned with the DHS mission and objectives
- By the application deadline: Full-time enrollment as a sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate student at a U.S. accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university (see Supporting Documents for more information)
- By Fall 2014: Full-time enrollment as a junior or senior undergraduate student at a 4-year U.S. accredited college or university
(see Supporting Documents for more information)
- For students currently enrolled at a 2-year institution: Internship assignment is contingent on the student providing proof of application to a 4-year institution by March 3, 2014.
Previous participants may apply for a second summer if they meet the conditions listed above.