Home > HS-STEM Home > How to Apply
The application period for the DHS HS-STEM Summer Internship Program for the summer of 2015 closed on December 22, 2014.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted by the application deadline through the Online Application System. Begin the application process by registering in the Online Application System. Once registered and logged in, your profile home page will be displayed. From there, complete and release the profile or browse available projects. Note that profiles must be completed and released before projects can be added to the application.
After reviewing the Application Requirements below, please see the Online Application System Instructions page for basic instructions regarding use of the Online Application System.
Application requirements include:
- Completion of all required fields in applicant�s profile, including essays on research and career goals
- Receipt of a minimum of two references in the Online Application System by the application deadline. See Frequently Asked Questions for guidelines on choosing references.
- Upload of official documents showing postsecondary grades and current enrollment in courses for Fall 2014. Note that documents sent by email, postal mail or fax will not be considered.
- Most universities show grades, proof of enrollment and current courses in the transcripts. If this information is missing from your transcript, then you must provide separate documentation (see Supporting Documents for more information).
- Documents must include academic transcripts from current postsecondary institution and any postsecondary institutions attended from Fall 2012 through Fall 2014. First-year graduate students must submit their undergraduate transcript, including the last two years of courses, degree, and date degree was awarded.
- All documents must be combined into a single PDF file smaller than 10MB.
- Transcripts must show grades through Summer 2014. Fall 2014 grades are not required. See Supporting Documents for detailed information about acceptable transcripts and instructions on preparing documents for uploading into the online system.
- Selection of at least one research project. Students can select up to five research projects from the Project Catalog and may pick multiple projects for any given Hosting Site. Applicants are strongly encouraged to select projects at different hosting facilities. You will need to sort the projects in order of preference. Applicants’ preferences will be taken into consideration, but it may not be possible for all applicants to be assigned to their first choice of project.
- An application status of “Submitted”
- By March 2, 2015, undergraduate students attending an eligible community college must also provide proof of application to a 4-year institution for Fall 2015.
- By March 2, 2015, undergraduate seniors who will graduate by the summer of 2015 must provide proof of application to graduate school for Fall 2015.
Applications that do not include all items listed above by the application deadline will be flagged incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Back to Top