- Home >
- Summer Research Team Program for Minority Serving Institutions >
- Participant Obligations
Summer Research Team (SRT) participants will engage in cutting-edge research while collaborating with DHS Center researchers and contributing to DHS Center goals. Full-time on-site participation at the DHS Center is required for both faculty and student team members during the ten week appointment.
All Team Members
- Conduct a team research briefing at the DHS Center near the end of the summer research experience.
- Complete a program feedback form by the last day of the research appointment.
- Submit an eight to ten page summary report on his or her research experience by the last day of the research appointment.
Faculty Team Members Only
- Submit a one to two page plan addressing how he or she will integrate the DHS summer research experience into the classroom.
- Co-author a research proposal with the DHS Center for follow-on funding for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The proposal should identify a collaborative research opportunity between the Team’s home institution and the DHS Center. The proposal for follow-on funding must be supported and approved by the DHS Center. Proposal for follow-on funding must be submitted by September 8, 2017.
- Participants must have coverage under a health insurance plan before arriving at the appointment site and maintain coverage during the appointment.
- Participants must provide proof of this coverage prior to the start of the award.
Housing and Local Transportation
- Secure housing at assigned DHS Center before appointment begins.
- Determine means of local transportation prior to arriving at the designated DHS Center.
- Cover all living expenses including local transportation, room, board and entertainment.
Policies/Regulations of the DHS Center
Participants must adhere to the existing policies, regulations and procedures of the DHS Center.
Additional information may be found in the Summer Research Team Program for Minority Serving Institutions Policies and Procedures Handbook (pdf). The handbook for the 2017 Summer Research Teams will be available for review by award winners before award acceptance.