Apply Now Applications are now being accepted for Summer 2018.
To be eligible for this program, faculty must:
- Be teaching FULL time at an institution defined under Institution Eligibility as an MSI during the 2016-2017 year and plan to continue research at the same MSI during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Be teaching an academic discipline related to a DHS Research Area.
- Have Ph.D. (or Master’s degree, if teaching at an eligible community college) in a discipline, major, or concentration directly related to a DHS Research Area.
- Be available to participate in a mandatory pre-appointment one day orientation meeting with DHS Center representatives.
- Be available to participate in the mandatory half day DHS teleconference/webinar pre-appointment orientation meeting.
- Not be receiving compensation for faculty time during the ten week appointment period from any other federally-funded research program.
- Meet the general eligibility requirements for all applicants.
- There are no time limitations for receiving a Ph.D. (or Master’s degree, if teaching at an eligible community college) when applying to this program.
- Preference will be given to early career faculty (although all faculty will be considered), with early career defined as one of the following:
- No more than seven years since receipt of Ph.D. degree as of the application deadline;
- No more than seven years since receipt of Master’s degree, if teaching at an eligible community college as of the application deadline;
- If more than seven years since receipt of graduate degree, then less than seven years of teaching experience at a postsecondary institution as of the application deadline.