DHS Education Programs > Federal Service Academies Program > How to Apply
How to Apply
The application period for the Summer 2016 is now closed. Please check back in October 2016 for program updates and application materials for Summer 2017.
All forms must be submitted via Zintellect, the ORAU online application system. All application components must be received in the system in order to be considered. A complete faculty application package consists of:
You must complete a profile in Zintellect. The profile consists of questions that are common across all opportunities.
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The résumé or CV should include academic history, employment history, relevant experiences and publications list.
The application includes questions specific to the program, proposed research facility, and proposed research plan. You must identify a DHS Center, or DHS S&T and DHS component agencies.
Letters of References
FSA Faculty Application
A Letter of Reference from the Department Dean, Director of Student Research or Director of Research must be uploaded by Faculty in Zintellect as part of the application.
FSA Student Application
Student enters reference information in Zintellect and selects references as part of the application process. References will be collected via Zintellect. Note that the best references are from professionals who can speak to the applicant’s educational and professional abilities and potential as a researcher.
Transcripts – Student Only
- Transcripts may be unofficial transcripts issued to the students.
- Transcripts must include name of the academic institution, name of the student and completed coursework through Fall 2015.
- Documents must have any Social Security number (partial or complete), dates of birth (partial or complete), and Student identification numbers redacted from all pages. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents do not contain any of the above mentioned or other personally identifiable information (PII) that, if lost or compromised, could cause serious harm (including identity theft) to the applicant.
- All documents must be combined into a single PDF file smaller than 10MB.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Documents sent by email, postal mail, or fax will not be considered.
- Supporting materials must be uploaded as a PDF files to ensure the document can be searched by Zintellect’s search engine. Scanned items are not optimal for search engines. PDF must not require special certificates or passwords to open. Maximum file size is 10MB.